RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: The Collector by Victoria Scott

 The Collector 
by Victoria Scott
Released Date: Published March 25th 2013 by Entangled Teen
Series: Dante Walker #1
Pages: 352 
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.


(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

*ARC provided by Netgalley*

I actually really liked this book. When I started reading it, I wasn't sure what I thought of Dante and his overall personality. There was just something about him that was a bit off that I wasn't a big fan of, but it didn't took long for me to actually enjoy the way he talk to Charlie, and her friends. It is because of his job as a collector, that has made him put walls around him, stopping him from showing his true feelings. As he starts to spend more time with Charlie, their interaction changes and he is left questioning his job, and those around him. On the other hand, Charlie is your average girl who is just average, she doesn't attract any attention to herself and only has two loyal friends, who keep her safe. That's probably one of the things that Charlie has that draws Dante to her. She is content with who she is and is not afraid to have two friends because they are loyal to her and will protect her no matter what. I enjoyed her interactions with them, when Dante comes into the picture, everything starts to change. The plot of the story gets more interesting, and as Dante and Charlie start to get close, that's when danger emerges. What I like about the story is how Scott is able to write in a guy's point-of-view, and get it right. From the very beginning, Dante has a very manly view that is understandable as he start making choices of his own. It's a very well-written story full of romance, friendships, and danger between demons (the collectors) and angels (the liberators). The ending left me speechless, I was completely caught off guard with the events, but I'm also excited to see what happens next. Overall, The Collector was a fun, and quick read that left me wanting to know more. I can't wait to read The Liberator. (It's going to be AWESOME)

My Ratings:

(4.5 Stars)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D